2011 was a pretty good year for me! I stayed focused on my writing, and made every single Liberty Hall flash challenge. I also submitted a story for the Short Story contest there, as well as a story for the Halloween contest at Codex. I also participated in two NYC midnight madness contests.
I critted stories every week, at Liberty Hall and a bit at Codex. I read and studied writing, mostly through other writers’ articles and blog posts. I participated in Codex as much as possible.
I submitted stories 24 times, got 19 rejections and have three outstanding (bites fingernails). I sold three stories this year, one of which I saw published at Daily Science Fiction. This qualified me to join SWFA as an associate member.
I wrote approximately 85,000 words of fiction (guessing – 52 flashes averaging 1K, several short stories, and almost finished two novellas) and revised/edited countless words.
I did not blog as much as I wished to, either here or at my cooking blog.
Professional goals for this coming year:
- Submit a story once a week. (Gulp)
- Continue writing a story a week.
- Finish up the novella.
- Blog at least twice a month here.
- Upload a recipe on my cooking blog once a week.
- Submit reviews on Smashwords and Amazon on short story collections that I’ve read.
- Update this blog with better links.
- Add more goals to this as they occur to me!